|Date of Birth:||Unknown|
|Date of Death:||Unknown|
|Status:||Mind was trapped in STEM (body, unknown)|
Currently he is dead
|Occupation:||Was a journalist|
|Appearance(s):||The Evil Within |
|English Voice:||Jeffery Parise|
Ivan Diaz was a Krimson City reporter who went missing before the events of The Evil Within. it is believed that the mysterious man in the cell within the safe room is or was Ivan.
The Evil Within Edit
A missing persons poster of Ivan can be found. This man is shown to be a silhouetted figure much like The Administrator, he is seen in a jail cell and will often talk about Ruvik and the world they're trapped in. If he's there, the cell will have a light shining through the bars and he'll often say, "Hey! I know you're out there!" and even says at one point "Listen to me godamnit!" Though the man never identifies himself throughout the main game.
He apparently disappeared in Elk River Village, possibly investigating the Elk River serial killer, believed to be Ruvik, which explains how he knew all the insight he provided Sebastian about him.
It does seem like he is trapped there along with everyone else because he does seem to talk about present events such as Ruvik destroying a STEM terminal and leaving only the full STEM, in the hospital. He then tells Sebastian that Ruvik will be waiting for Leslie at the hospital and will take over him to leave STEM.
The Consequence Edit
After talking to the man in the cell, Juli Kidman is able to enter his cell which suddenly appears empty. On the chair is record entry #154 of a reporter named "Ivan" who was captured by MOBIUS after he was suspected of snooping around. It is believed Ivan became a test subject to the STEM, but never made it out.
With this clue, it is suggested that the mysterious man in the cell is Ivan, unable to escape and almost accepting his fate of being trapped within Ruvik's world.
When Sebastian heads into a hallway while traveling through Beacon. Ivan begins to slam harder then usual against one of the cell doors. When Sebastian approaches the door, instead of Ivan sitting in the chair as usual. He's walking around laughing in despair. He sits down on the floor and tells Sebastian not to look into Ruvik's eye.
Ivan then lays completely down on the ground and dies. The player can approach his body and Sebastian will give his condolences. You then have the option to burn his body by respect or as a final goodbye.
- The man in the cell is not idenitfied in the main game, and is only hinted of being Ivan in the second DLC.
- It is possible Ivan can not leave his cell because he has been in the STEM too long, leaving him insane, and/or no more physical body to return to.
- He has extensive knowledge about Ruvik and his traps, as well as STEM.
- He hints at having been forced to escape Ruvik's sadistic inventions in the past. He may have gone through torment similar to what Sebastian faces.
- Another clue that the man is Ivan is that the voice of Jeffery Vincent Parise in the main game is labeled for "Ivan Diaz", yet Ivan is only directly mentioned in the poster.
- Ivan appears to simply give up in his final encounter with Sebastian.
- His insight into Ruvik is surprising, though how he gathered it is unclear.
- Despite being more than a little crazed, Ivan is fully aware of what happens outside his cell, and is coherent enough to recognize and help Sebastian in his journey.
- It's never revealed how Ivan knows about the STEM terminal breaking or anything else that occurs outside the cell.
- Ivan communicates with Sebastian the most, possibly because he recognizes the detective's resilience and ability to hang onto his sanity.