This section contains spoilers for The Evil Within.
|Date of Birth:||Unknown|
|Status:||Determinant (STEM manifestation)|
|Occupation:||Leader of MOBIUS|
|Height:||Unknown (Presumably 6'+)
Height Varies (inside of STEM)
|Appearance(s):||The Assignment |
|English Voice:||Rob Brownstein|
|Japanese Voice:||Jin Yamanoi|
- "You won't answer our questions. Is it out of fear? Fear is such a subtle thing. But when one experiences true fear is when they can be controlled. They can be molded. STEM is an abortion: A machine designed on the premise of fear. But in a sense, it is perfect for what we hope to achieve. You will be the first. You will bow under this fear or you will die. You will serve as an example of what we will become!"
- —The Administrator to Juli Kidman.
The Administrator, full title Executive Administrator is the primary antagonist of both The Assignment and The Consequence DLC. He is a high ranking member of MOBIUS, in which he was responsible for giving Juli Kidman her orders to acquire Leslie. He is a power-hungry individual with plans of controlling the world through MOBIUS. Though the Administrator is implied to truly exist, he only makes his appearance within STEM through various encounters in Kidman's journey.
The Administrator is implied to be the main leader of MOBIUS, if not a high-ranking member. Through MOBIUS, he would supply Jimenez with funding and materials for his experiments at Beacon Mental Hospital, and later on, involve himself with Ruvik's research. He believes the power of STEM can change the world under the control of his shadowy organization.
Through Jimenez, the Administrator would go on to meet Ruvik and hire him to build the STEM system for MOBIUS, soon turning Ruvik's brain into the system's core when Ruvik showed signs of rebellion. At some point, the Administrator had encountered Ruvik after Jimenez had activated the STEM terminal in Beacon Mental Hospital, based on one of Ruvik's hidden letters (most likely through eye contact); in which Ruvik left his "mark" on him similar to how he had influenced Sebastian and many other individuals that could potentially become haunted. In this regard, it is heavily implied that Kidman's mission deployment served as a countermeasure in order for the Administrator to avoid any further direct confrontations with Ruvik by using her as an expendable pawn.
The Administrator that manifested inside STEM was depicted as a tall man with a lean figure dressed in a black business suit, wearing a red necktie that was patterned with geometric shapes. His face was often concealed in darkness with his left hand being one of the few distinguishing features; in which there is a huge scar on the palm of his hand that resembled the logo/symbol of MOBIUS. Within STEM, he was primarily depicted as a shadowy figure and on occasion, an aura of black smoke/mist would surround him. He was depicted as being able to teleport and conjure monstrous limbs through the shadow he casts. When light was cast upon him, his face shifted to that of a heavily scarred monster, in which he had a large glowing red scar on his face based on MOBIUS's logo/symbol, similar to his left hand. When he was finally defeated by Kidman, his true face was revealed as that of an adult male Caucasian with short swept hair.
Chapter 1: An Oath
Inside STEM, The Administrator makes his first full appearance after Julie escaped Connelly; in which Kidman undergoes a recreation of her briefing for her mission. During this encounter, the Administrator gave her orders to find Leslie whilst cautioning her against a supposed entity known as "Ruvik". He further instructed her on the weight of this mission while demanding loyalty from her, after which they infused her with a special serum that would supposedly make her immune to Ruvik's influence and detection.
- "I would like you to bring this man in. We all should be able to have a productive conversation."
- —The Administrator to Jimenez on Ruben.
Throughout Kidman's journey, the Administrator's role in correlation with Jimenez and Ruvik's research is depicted and explored through recreations as ghostly figures, showcasing various key events and memories within the laboratories of MOBIUS.
Chapter 2: Crossing Paths
- "You will bring us back that boy!"
- —The Administrator to Kidman while she tries to get away from him.
When Kidman enters a church with Leslie, they are confronted by Ruvik who shows Juli, the extent of Leslie's capabilities. He possesses Leslie and controls him to do what he wants. She learns that Ruvik can leave STEM through Leslie by overriding himself into Leslie's body. Ruvik then tells her that MOBIUS has been watching her just as they had always monitored him. Just as she was about to shoot Leslie, he and Ruvik disappeared.
After this, the Administrator appeared before Kidman, demanding her to extract Leslie. When she refused to complete the mission, the Administrator appeared in front of her as a dark misty figure. He launched Kidman across the room and into a pillar. He would go on to pursue her through the corridors underneath the church until Kidman finally managed to escape him.
- "You run because you are weak! You're afraid of us!"
- —The Administrator to Kidman while she tries to get away from him.
Chapter 3: Illusions
Chapter 4: A Ghost is Born
When Kidman began to question the Administrator's motives after encountering Ruvik, she discovered a recording that revealed that she was merely being used as a test subject by the Administrator as means of observing the results of her infused state as a brainwashed agent for MOBIUS.
On her way to the STEM terminal in Beacon Mental Hospital, the Administrator appeared and revealed Kidman's true purpose for being deployed in her mission; in which she simply served as an expendable test run for the Administrator's new method of infused control (similar to Ruvik's viral influence via eye contact) and that she never had to succeed her mission due to MOBIUS already abandoning the STEM project. In this regard, the Administrator outlined that she was only meant to display her unrelenting loyalty through fear and nothing else.
The Administrator appeared for a final time when Kidman had seemingly failed her mission in acquiring Leslie after Ruvik had taken him. Having finally broken out of his influence, Kidman decidedly fought back against the Administrator in one final confrontation. During the encounter the Administrator would use various doppelgangers of Kidman and himself as means of confronting her. After a lengthy battle, Kidman managed to overpower the Administrator's influence and finally met him face to face. Though the manifestation of the Administrator in STEM had been finally defeated, he arrogantly remarked how he'll always be a part of Kidman before being shot at point blank.
Though Kidman had seemingly freed herself from the Administrator's infused control and influence within STEM, it was implied through her exchange with Myra that the Administrator remained unscathed as the leader of MOBIUS while expecting a debriefing from Kidman herself.
- "Do you stand with Mobius?"
- —The Administrator to Kidman
The Administrator was depicted as having a commanding yet professional relationship with Kidman during recollections of her encounters with him. He was depicted as a serious man with a strong conviction with regards to his goals for MOBIUS, and this carried over to his instructions towards Kidman and her designated mission. Though the Administrator seemingly treated her as a valuable agent, it is later revealed through recordings found in STEM that the Administrator treated her more as an expendable pawn used to test the limits of MOBIUS's new method infused control and brainwashing. During various recreations of Dr. Jimenez's, Ruvik's, Juli's memories of him, the Administrator's face was primarily obscured, thus removing any form of immediate facial recognition.
Manifestation within STEM
- "Run all you want, Kid. You can't escape.""
- —The Administrator to Kidman
The Administrator that predominantly interacted with Kidman was heavily implied to be the result of Kidman's brainwashing and infusion caused by MOBIUS. Throughout the majority of Kidman's journey, the Administrator and his fellow MOBIUS coworkers are depicted as faceless beings, possibly in order to hide their true identities as part of Kidman's brainwashing.
This manifestation of the Administrator took delight in tormenting Kidman whilst demanding unrelenting loyalty on her part. He's been shown to be very cruel and manipulative, using Kidman's insecurities and fear of abandonment against her as means of deriving loyalty from her. When Kidman finally managed to defeat him, his face was revealed and he was depicted as having an evil and sadistic grin.
It is heavily implied that this manifestation of the Administrator and its influence was derived from the Administrator's past encounter with Ruvik, resulting in the Administrator implementing a similar influence upon brainwashed agents such as Kidman, hence only ever appearing before her. This is evidenced by his final speech in which he claimed that he would always be a part of her, similar to how Ruvik remarked as such towards those he had "infected" with his viral-like influence through eye contact. As such, the Administrator remarked how his influence over Kidman served as the first example of MOBIUS's true goal, even going as far as describing STEM as an "abortion" by comparison, while commending his own efforts in having so much commanding influence over Kidman's mind.
- "And your assistance is even more necessary than before."
- —The Administrator to Jimenez
Various recreations of Jimenez and the Administrator's dealings depict the two as having a professional relationship with the Administrator often having a domineering attitude. This often strained Jimenez's view of him, finding him to be impatient in his demands to complete any set tasks that were given to him. Later throughout their future encounters, the Administrator would go on to deduce that Jimenez was not the true creator of the STEM project, thus causing a greater rift between the two which eventually resulted in Jimenez betraying MOBIUS by activating the wireless STEM terminal inside Beacon Mental Hospital.
- "Our resources are not here for your pathetic fantasy."
- —The Administrator to Ruvik
Recreations of Ruvik and the Administrator's encounters depict the Administrator as lacking tolerance for Ruvik's violent tendencies and dismissing his goal of recreating his sister as mere fantasy. Though the Administrator held Ruvik's intelligence and research in high regard, he firmly believed that he was insane. Still, the Administrator sought to use Ruvik's research for MOBIUS's interests nonetheless. When Ruvik showed signs of rebelling against MOBIUS, the Administrator dismissed his threats, believing that Ruvik had very little means to oppose him. Although the Administrator seemingly desired the completion of Ruvik's STEM research, it is implied that through MOBIUS's new method of infused control that the Administrator had decidedly abandoned the project; in which Kidman acted as MOBIUS's first test subject.
- It is heavily implied that the Administrator that predominantly tormented Kidman in STEM was an intended effect of the infused serum and brainwashing to ensure that Kidman maintained her loyalty to MOBIUS. This is further evidenced by various recordings in which the Administrator is revealed to have been manipulating Kidman so that she would act on behalf of MOBIUS's best interests regarding Ruvik's rampage whilst testing the limits of their control over individuals that they have brainwashed into joining their cause.
- The Administrator considers Sebastian and Joseph expendable, and seemingly assigns Kidman to keep an eye on them outside of STEM (her unusual scrutiny is sensed by Sebastian, as he points out in a journal entry in the main game). It's possibly that this is a response to Sebastian's investigation into Myra's disappearance, which occurred after the death of their daughter. This would indicate that the Administrator, or MOBIUS, may have played a role in the event.
- His comments about "opportunities" to eliminate Joseph and Sebastian while in STEM reinforce the idea that Kidman was sent to stop the latter's investigation, in order to preserve the secrecy of STEM.
- The Administrator is fully aware of Ruvik's presence within STEM, but appears unaware of his plans to escape through Leslie.
- The title of Chapter 4 "A Ghost is Born" from The Consequence may be referring to the Administrator himself and how he has made a unique vessel out of Kidman through her infusion, paralleling Ruvik's designated role as a "ghost" in STEM that could use other individuals as his own vessel via eye contact, e.g. Sebastian, Joseph, Connelly etc.
- Some Let's Players mentioned that the Administrator shows similarities to the Slender Man.